- Benu, San Francisco
- Sunday Yum Cha at Spice Temple Melbourne – 16% better than on a weekday?
- The Restaurant at Meadowood
- Bottega, Napa Valley
- Perfection Defined at The French Laundry
- Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
- Wine Went Everywhere at Bella Vedere
- EARL Canteen
- Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio
- Union Dining
- Longrain, Melbourne Style
- Dinner at David’s
- Ladro, Prahran
- Happy Time at Izakaya Den
- Noir Is The New Black
- Ezard, Glorious Ezard
- Movida, The Original And Still The Best!
- 8 Courses at Attica
- Bamboo House
Email SubscriptionClick to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Tag Archives: lotus asian flavours
Tonight we made Tiger Beer, Chilli Jam and Coconut Mussels from Teage Ezard’s book Lotus: Asian Flavours.
We had some left over chilli jam from last week when we made a super delicious Tom Kha, from the Longrain book Modern Thai Food so preparation for this dish was at a minimum (perfect Monday night cooking!)
The recipe suggested that if you were having trouble sourcing garlic shoots asparagus would be a suitable replacement… We were sceptical about this, but as our local green grocer didn’t have any garlic shoots we had no other choice.
Luckily for us the asparagus complimented the mussels perfectly – I knew everything would be ok once I started smelling the amazing aromas from the wok when Donny put the garlic and asparagus in!