- Benu, San Francisco
- Sunday Yum Cha at Spice Temple Melbourne – 16% better than on a weekday?
- The Restaurant at Meadowood
- Bottega, Napa Valley
- Perfection Defined at The French Laundry
- Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
- Wine Went Everywhere at Bella Vedere
- EARL Canteen
- Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio
- Union Dining
- Longrain, Melbourne Style
- Dinner at David’s
- Ladro, Prahran
- Happy Time at Izakaya Den
- Noir Is The New Black
- Ezard, Glorious Ezard
- Movida, The Original And Still The Best!
- 8 Courses at Attica
- Bamboo House
Email SubscriptionClick to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Tag Archives: pearl
June 19, 2010 - posted by Donny // Categories: Eating Out
Pearl Restaurant, one of the best dining experiences in Melbourne, has perhaps lost the plot – and it’s not the chef that is to blame.
I read an article in The Australian that Chris Lucas, the new owner of Pearl since last year, has spent an astonishing $40,000 on five months worth of software development costs for what can only be described as gimmickry.
They are replacing the traditional paper menu’s with iPads. Oh how Steve Jobs will rejoice. $40,000 is a lot of money in the restaurant world. It’s enough to pay a waiter for a whole year. That’s not including the cost of the iPads, which are currently $629AUD each for the cheapest model. Apparently, they will only have 15 of them – at an additional cost of $9,435.