- Benu, San Francisco
- Sunday Yum Cha at Spice Temple Melbourne – 16% better than on a weekday?
- The Restaurant at Meadowood
- Bottega, Napa Valley
- Perfection Defined at The French Laundry
- Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
- Wine Went Everywhere at Bella Vedere
- EARL Canteen
- Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio
- Union Dining
- Longrain, Melbourne Style
- Dinner at David’s
- Ladro, Prahran
- Happy Time at Izakaya Den
- Noir Is The New Black
- Ezard, Glorious Ezard
- Movida, The Original And Still The Best!
- 8 Courses at Attica
- Bamboo House
Email SubscriptionClick to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Tag Archives: Simon Chan
Early last year, Robert Wong (our favourite Maitre d’ ever!) told us that he and Alex Tseng were selling their share of Bamboo House, the wonderful Northern Chinese restaurant in Little Bourke Street.
As sad as it made us to hear that news, we were hopeful that our favourite Chinese restaurant (yes, Flower Drum is fantastic, but it’s a special occasion place!) wouldn’t lose the two things that make it so great – the service and the food.
Robert sets an exceptionally hard act to follow – after about a year of eating there once every couple of months, he started to recognize my voice over the phone when I called up to make a booking – and then say my last name as he was writing down our booking (at our “usual” table) without me even having to mention it.