- Benu, San Francisco
- Sunday Yum Cha at Spice Temple Melbourne – 16% better than on a weekday?
- The Restaurant at Meadowood
- Bottega, Napa Valley
- Perfection Defined at The French Laundry
- Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
- Wine Went Everywhere at Bella Vedere
- EARL Canteen
- Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio
- Union Dining
- Longrain, Melbourne Style
- Dinner at David’s
- Ladro, Prahran
- Happy Time at Izakaya Den
- Noir Is The New Black
- Ezard, Glorious Ezard
- Movida, The Original And Still The Best!
- 8 Courses at Attica
- Bamboo House
Email SubscriptionClick to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Tag Archives: vin cellar
We had dinner at Vin Cellar on Friday night. This was Ritsy’s second dinner here, and my third, thanks to an awesome work function last year.
We sat down in front of the open fire at the back of the restaurant, and started proceedings with a couple of glasses of Veuve Clicquot. There are not many places in Melbourne that you can get a glass of champagne for $16.50, let alone Veuve Clicquot. This is the Vin Cellar style.
Their wine philosophy is probably best explained by quoting their website:
At VIN we love our wine. VIN boasts one of the most prolific wine lists in Melbourne, ranging from Old World Burgundies and Bordeaux, to back vintages of iconic Australian brands such as Giaconda, Rockford, Wendouree and Bass Phillip. All our wines are offered at competitive bottle shop prices, with an additional cost of $5 per bottle to drink in.